ViaCAD Pro is 3D cad software with the perfect blend of conceptual and production design tools. Designed with professionals in mind, ViaCAD Pro delivers the flexibility of mesh-based modeling to help you go from idea to 3D concept. Additionally, ViaCAD Pro provides precision 3D solid modeling capabilities with the 2D tools to accurately document designs. The all-in-one design solution!
The power of ViaCAD's precision solid modeling and drafting toolsets make it perfect for designing objects and parts, manufacturing, and prototyping projects. The addition of mesh-based modeling coupled with subdivision technology makes creating 3d conceptual drawings a snap.
Some of the design projects for ViaCAD Pro:
- Product and Packaging design
- DIY manufacturing create precision models and export to CNC machines.
- Furniture and cabinet design
- Use more sophisticated editing to compliment rendering and animation packages.
- Prototyping with 3D printers
- 2D drafting, diagraming and schematic drawings
- Marketing images for designs with photorealistic rendering
ViaCAD Pro makes it easy to go from idea to design!
The wide selection of tools provided in ViaCAD Pro means the right tool for the task is just a mouse click away.
- Multiple Viewports provide 2, 3 even 4 views of the same design and allows drawing between them. Watch how your editing affects the overall project by viewing at different angles all at once.
- Customizable Grids make drawing patterns of objects quick and easy.
- The LogiCursor and Gripper provide precision drawing and editing with your mouse.
- Unlimited Undo
- 80 minutes of training videos included
Conceptual Designs with ViaCAD Pro
Use the complete set of mesh design tools to create organic shapes easily. ViaCAD Pro includes subdivision technology to refine meshes and go from course to smooth surfaces. Push/Pull Modeling provides a tactile method of editing meshes one small surface at a time if needed.
- Mesh primitives to start your designs
- Subdivision technology to refine mesh surfaces
- Push/Pull Modeling to edit mesh shapes organically
ViaCAD provides robust 3D modeling tools.
ViaCAD provides powerful solid modeling technology found in much higher end products. Additionally, ViaCAD Pro delivers surface modeling tools to expand design capabilities.
- Feature-based History Tree for editing
- Powerful 3D editing tools such as blending, chamfering, and shelling
- A complete design tool with extrusions, Booleans, surface modeling for more complex smooth surfaces
- Precise geometry suitable for 'concept to manufacturing'
- Associative surface modeling
Woodworking and Architectural tools
ViaCAD Pro includes tools to speed up woodworking designs. You can quickly create otherwise tedious joints such as Dado joints and miter joints. The furniture that you design might just be for your new house or office. The plans for those buildings can be created with ViaCAD Pro as well as 3D views.
- Woodworking Joints: rabbet, miter joints, and Dovetails
- Woodworking Dado joints including options for Through, Stopped or Blind
- Woodworking Tongue & Groove
- Architectural Wall tools
- Composite walls to show materials
- Parametric doors and windows
- Instant 3D walls, roofs, and floor slabs
Prototyping and Collaborating
ViaCAD Pro is a precise 3D modeling tool that can be used for manufacturing designs as well as 3D Printer prototypes.
ViaCAD is built with professional level technology providing speed, precision, and compatibility. Now a 64- bit application* on the Mac, ViaCAD provides a smoother workflow allowing for faster drawing, manipulation and larger projects. Compatibility with AutoCAD® 2013 and other products means you can share your designs with others. Using ACIS®-based geometry means you are creating with the same technology used by others using software costing thousands of dollars.
- Includes 19 file formats to share your designs.
- Compatible with AutoCAD® 2013 DXF/DWG
- Includes STL export for 3D Printing
*64-bit processing support is enabled for the Mac operating systems only. Windows versions support both 32-bit and 64-bit processers but currently does not use 64-bit processing power if available.